Many expats in Saigon have the same question, how?
So I’ve been running a few searches, and this is a process of JP, an expat “been there, done that”:
The full and official version is at the www address below:
However this is the process from the office which processed my
documents (at 63 LTT str)
Take the following documents to 47 Le Duan street, district.1
(opposite diamond plaza – on the corner)
to photocopy , notarize (8 000 dong) and translate (driving licence
only) (200 000 Dong)
– Work Permit (if you are employee) & valid Visa or permanent
Residence Card ( if you have )
– International or national driver license.
– Passport (picture and personal info only ).
(photocopying available at this office)
Take all docs to:
63 Ly Tu Trong street, district 1 (walkable from 47 Le Duan)
Get your application form and fill it in. (different to the one on the
website so don’t bother with that one (IMHO))
– Supply – 6 photos ( 3×4 )
– Pay test Fees : 70.000 VND ( for driving test )
– Pay medical check fee: 30 to 40 000 and do check there and then. (5
mins) I already had a check from the week before but still had to do
it at their office.
When you submit everything here, you will be informed immediately of
the date & time of your test and given a map and address. (near
Processing time: 10 days (except saturday and sunday ) from the date
you pass driving test.
– All photocopies must be notarized ( certified as an exact and
accurate photocopy ) by authorized government office ( 47 Le Duan
street, district 1 )
– Applicants must present the original Passport, Visa, Driver
License… when the application is submitted.
And that’s it. I hope this would help for that pieces of paper.
Have a nice week Saigonese!
Saigonstay – All the best a local friend can give you!