– Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russian Federation (from 1 Jan 2009).
– French citizens holding valid diplomatic passports are exempt from visa requirements when visiting Vietnam and are allowed to stay for up 3 months at one time or on several visits within six months since their first immigration dates. Vietnamese citizens holding valid diplomatic passports also enjoy similar privileges.
– Citizens of Chile and Vietnam holding valid diplomatic or official passports from one of the two countries are exempt from needing entry, exit and transit visas in the other’s territory and are allowed to stay for up 60 days on each visit.
– An agreement on visa exemption for diplomatic and official passport holders signed between Vietnam and the Republic of Paraguay’s governments will take effect as from October 26, 2008 announced the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Under the agreement which was signed on March 8, 2007 in Asuncion, the two countries’ diplomatic and official passport holders whose residence does not exceed 90 days will be exempted from visa.
The agreement will also allow visa exemption throughout the term of office for those who are members of diplomatic missions, consular offices or representatives of international organizations as well as members of their families.
* From 1st September 2007 Overseas Vietnamese and their families will be able to obtain five-year visa exemption certificate…
5-year Vietnam visa exemption for Overseas Vietnamese
Under a decision issued by VietnameseState, from 1st September 2007 overseas Vietnamese will be granted 5-year visa exemption certificate. To get it, they must fulfill some formalities to be granted a visa exemption verification document, which is valid for many times of traveling and valid within five years.
The maximal residency time in Vietnam is 90 days each time. If they want to stay longer, they must ask for visas and fulfill extension formalities in Vietnam.
They have defined three subjects of overseas Vietnamese who will enjoy visa exemption: The people who have Vietnamese nationality; Vietnamese people who hold foreign nationalities; Foreigners who are wives, husbands, children of Vietnamese or Vietnamese who hold foreign nationalities.
A certificate must be obtained by the passport holders for the exemption to be utilized.
In order to be granted visa exemption certificates at Vietnamese representative offices abroad, overseas Vietnamese need to submit one of three following documents: A document that proves they are ethnically Vietnamese; A guarantee by overseas Vietnamese associations based in the country where they are residents of or by a Vietnamese citizen and a document by authorized foreign agencies certifying that they are ethnically Vietnamese.
Husbands, wives and children of Vietnamese people living abroad will also need to submit documents that prove their relationship to the Vietnamese member of their immediate family.
The Committee for overseas Vietnamese has sent 200,000 visa exemption certificates to Vietnamese embassies World wide.
Pricing for your reference
Temporary residence card
Normal* visa processing
|1||1-year card of temporary residence||200|
|2||2-year card of temporary residence||220|
|3||3-year card of temporary residence||240|
Procedure of granting TRC
Needed documents including:
+ Operating permit
+ Executive board confirmation paper
+ Seal utilized permit
+ Tax code registration paper
+ Seal confirmation paper and sample of general director’s and vice-general director’s signatures
+ Declaration form and missives (sample of N5A, N5B enclosing with typed name and declared entries)
+ Original passport
+ Samples of N5A, N5B
+ 01 photos 3×4 inch sized
– Authorized office: Provincial Immigration Departure
– Time for solving: 06 – 07 days from receiving legal documents